Job Title: First Line Manager
Location: Lymedale Business Park
Salary: £27K – £30K
MobileReclaim is a leading provider of telecommunications services and solutions. As part of our growth strategy, we are opening a new facility on Lymedale Business Park and we have a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Manager to join the well-established management team.
Initially, this role will be required to help facilitate the setup of the new facility, from designing processing lines, through to kit out, recruitment and training. To assist the management team in delivering superior service and cost effective operations.
Ongoing, the role will entail planning, directing and coordinating daily activity to ensure that all resources are aligned to deliver our customer requirements on time, in full on a daily basis and to assist in providing a working environment which is safe and without risks to health.
The role requires the management of a team of shift leaders and warehouse operatives. And the responsibility for several dispatch functions including B2C, Retail and Bulk national and International shipments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the MobileReclaim despatch operation including B2B, Retail and bulk international and national deliveries
- The overall coordination of 30+ warehouse operations and 2 shift leaders with the overall goal of achieving the Departmental SLAs.
- Ensuring that site standards are maintained regarding health and safety and housekeeping whilst promoting internal best practice.
- To identify areas of improvement or risk and to provide solutions to ensure continuous improvement across all areas of the business with specific contributions to cost, service and accuracy.
- Identifying key members of the team for further development, matching people, skills and opportunities to promote succession planning
- Ensuring that individual performance is maintained at a high level through effective leadership, motivation and personal example.
- Ensuring all documentation, reports and statistics are completed and, where required, communicated in an accurate and timely manner
- To complete any other reasonable requests made by the business
Key Performance Indicators
- To meet daily throughput demands through the effective and efficient use of available resource
- To ensure that the team is fully briefed in order to achieve daily targets
- Achievement of team productivity and / or output targets as determined and communicated by the management team
- Maintenance of team attendance levels in line with company targets
- Achievement of annual budgetary targets as determined and communicated by the management team
Key Skills & Behaviours
- A professional, self-motivated and confident approach towards work
- Thorough operational knowledge
- Customer focused
- A strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- A good awareness of Health & Safety practices and procedures
- Excellent organisational, planning and communication skills to meet strict customer deadlines
- A team focused individual working alongside other first line managers
- Promotes and displays open and honest two-way communication
- Develops a multi-skilled and flexible team
- Basic financial awareness
- Ability to both grasp and devise new concepts
- Decisive and proactive
- Accomplished problem-solving skills
- Responds effectively to unforeseen problems
- Accommodates and manages changes in plans or schedules, even if last minute
- Shows an awareness of general business principles
- Flexibility and commitment / willingness to work additional hours as required.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience
- Excellent understanding of warehouse / distribution principles and procedures and the proven ability to apply these
- Very high standard of literacy and numeracy
- Previous experience within a Warehouse Management role (3 years plus desirable)
To apply for this role, please send your CV with a covering letter via email to email@example.com using the title “REF: Operations – First Line Manager”